Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Musing on Who

Sorry for not updating for two weeks, dear blog. It's been a bit weird. And busy. With papers and scripts and stories needing to be done. It's been very hectic as of late. I just haven't been afforded time to update you. However, there's been a lull in the action, and a thought just occurred to me, one I must get down.

Since this season of Doctor Who began, I've been a fan of Amy Pond. She;s been smart, sassy and sexy, not to mention I really, really like the sexual tension between her the 11th Doctor. I've been sincerely shipping them.

However, after this week's episode...I'm not so sure. I was somewhat put off by her actions in that they reminded me of a certain someone and a certain situation. I mean, I know this guy that Amy is supposed to marry is going to be set up as a total douche, or not as awesome as the Doctor at the very least, but her infidelity to her fiance and her inability to take accept “No” from the Doctor is totally reminiscent of what happened.. The Doctor's reaction was also similar to what happened, and I think that's what set me off.

Then again, the romantic development so far has been nice, so part of me still wants them to get together very badly. It's just that I've been the normal guy put up against an amazing guy, and it was not fun at all. In fact, it was very horrible. Situations like that are not as fun and clean in RL as they are on the telly.

In related and ironic news, I'm planning to cosplay as the Eleventh for Anime Central. I'm going to need to lose a little weight, and get another haircut, but I should be able to pull it off. I even have a Sonic Screwdriver. It is among the reasons why Acen is going to be totally awesome.

Now all I have to do is get through the next couple weeks. Then I'll be living it up, convention style, and I'll finally be able to write to you dear blog, without restraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment