Monday, July 18, 2011

I Have A First Name

You should probably know if this is you:

I only want thing from you besides your friendship: acknowledgment. I want you to acknowledge that I am an actual human fucking being. I want you to see me as a person with human desires: mental, sexual, and emotional. I want to not to be seen as silly little Buck, with his failings and nerve issues and other things you can laugh about me. I want you to see me as Brendan; I want you to see the guy who knows all the books you should be reading, all the television you should be watching, and all the video games you should be playing. I want you to see the guy who is creative and writes stories and knows his way through the literary scene in Chicago. I want to be seen as competent.

I acknowledge that you'll never see me as a lover. I don't expect you too. I just want you to take me seriously.

Love, Brendan.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry? I don't know if I have belittled you in the past, but it seems like something I may have done in jest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not you. Also the person in question isn't bad. I just get super depressed and feel unwanted sometimes, lol.

    ReplyDelete