Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Start of the Shindig

Hello blog, hello world! If you're one of my friends visiting here, and you actually pay attention to me, then you already know why this blog exists. I guess to those who aren't and/or haven't, I owe you a little bit of explaination.

This all started one beautiful spring day, when after class, the idea popped into my head. I was lonely, and frustrated with my inablity to express my feelings about matters. I wrote in my journal:

"Hello Journal! Ain't it such a beautiful day out? Spring is now officially in bloom: the sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, and young women are dressing up in outfits that are sure inscence young love and...other things. Unless you're an allegetic mess, isn't this just great?

"Perhaps it's not great, though. Lately I've been feeling the worst I have been in a long time. I have just broken up with my first girlfriend, I have no prospects in dating, and old feelings keep baring down on me, all of which has made it a fun time to be Brendan. It's gotten bad enough I have to talk to you about it. Bad enough that perhaps you aren't good enough alone. Bad enough, that I'm thinking of starting a blog.

"You see, lately I've been having some problems with expression, and I think I have to set the record straight with you. Talking to you journal is talking to wall. Except that you're a wall made out of paper. Crappy recycled paper. So it's really like I'm talking to myself. I don't think talking to myself is getting any of the problem I have off my chest.

"At the same time my old way of dealing with things has become corrupted. I can no longer tell the world about my problems in a single Facebook status. The issue is that I've gained too many people, too many dear people on my friend's list. People who, let's just face it, might be part of my problems. Who might be opposed to me politically or religiously. People who don't appreciate me swearing.

"I feel like I have become a slave to my friendslist in what I can or cannot say. So the reason I must start a blog is to free myself.

"The value of a blog to is that it is far enough out of the way to give me the illusion of privacy, but is pubic enough by it's very nature to make me feel like I'm being heard. With any luck this will become a mild form of the therapy I'm too lazy to get that certain people won't read, but some people will. And if so perchance that the people I don't want to read it do?

"Well that just means they really care."

After that I posted something about the idea on Facebook, to largely negative reaction in that people thought I shouldn't worry about being confrontational there. It was a duly noted point, but one I still must act in opposite to. Yes, I'll try to be more open there, but I think my original point still stands. I must have a place where I can be completely and utterly unfiltered.

This blog, dear readers, is where I shall vent, where I shall debate, and where I shall post funny pictures about cats every now and then to lighten to the mood.

That is all, dear blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment